SITHFAB101 / SITHFAB202 / SITXFSA101 / SITXFIN201
Clean and tidy bar areas, Operate a bar, Use hygienic practices for food safety, Process financial transactions
Written assessment and practical observation
Who should attend
All staff who are to be involved in the preparation & service of beverage. Day 2 will be in a bar environment for hands on practical training.
8 to 15
On the completion of this course, participants will have a basic understanding of the skills needed & the tasks to be undertaken to operate a Bar. Persons who successfully complete will also have the skills to prepare & serve a range of alcoholic beverages. This will be arranged before course is undertaken.
2 x 6 hours
SITXFSA201 - Participate in safe food handling practices
On successful completion of this course participants will have an understanding of:
- Set up the bar display & work area
- Take orders & either note or memorise correctly.
- Identify any specific customer preferences.
- Receive & process customer payments. Serve drinks promptly & courteously, in accordance with customer preferences, using required glassware & garnishes.
- Prepare drinks in accordance with legal & enterprise standards, using the correct equipment, ingredients & correct standard measures.
- Minimise wastage & spillage.
- Report beverage quality issues promptly to the appropriate person.
- Attend to any mishaps, promptly & safely.
- Clear, clean or dismantle bar areas in accordance with enterprise procedures.
- Where appropriate, conduct a handover to incoming bar staff, & share relevant information.