Clean premises and equipment
Written assessment and practical observation (workplace observation)
Who should attend
Applies to people responsible for general cleaning duties in any industry and they work under supervision and are usually part of a team.
8 to 15
Course covers different kinds of cleaning equipment for wet and dry surfaces and storing and maintaining equipment. Why use different chemicals and looking at chemical safety and manufactures Safety Data Sheets (SDS). Hazards and requirements associated with workplace cleaning and scheduled cleaning including using chemicals sustainably. Accredited certificate will be issued once participant has completed observation tasks in the workplace.
1 x 6 hours
On the successful completion of this course participants will be able to:
- Select appropriate cleaning equipment and wet and dry cleaning agents
- Check equipment is clean and in safe working order
- Identify hazards and inconveniences to customers
- Avoid unhygienic cleaning practices
- Reduce negative environmental impacts and encourage sustainability practices
- Carry out routine maintenance
- Clean equipment to manufactures and organisational requirements
- Storage of chemical safely and in designated areas