Prepare and serve cocktails
Written assessment and practical observation
Who should attend
All staff that have dealings with your customers & serve or prepare Cocktails.
8 to 15
To demonstrate & then have the student demonstrate & make a variety of Cocktails from the traditional favourites to the latest craze.
1 x 6 hours
SITHFAB201 Provide responsible service of alcohol SITXFSA101 & Use hygienic practices for food safety
On the successful completion of this course participants will be able to:
- Encourage customers to buy cocktails in accordance with enterprise policy.
- Use display materials appropriately to promote cocktails.
- Offer customers courteously, accurate information about the range & style of cocktails available.
- Select correct cocktail glassware & equipment & use them in accordance with enterprise & industry standards.
- Make cocktails correctly & efficiently in accordance with enterprise & industry recipes.
- Consider eye appeal, texture, flavour & required temperature in preparing cocktails.
- Consider options for new cocktails using suitable combinations of ingredients, & develop them in accordance with enterprise policy
- Present cocktails attractively & maximise eye appeal.
- Use garnishes & decorations according to enterprise standards.
- Avoid wastage & spillage during service.